Partner, National Leader
- Personal profile
- work experience
Mr. Weiheng Jia is licensed to practice law in China, New York State, and US federal courts and has practiced law in China, the US, and Japan over 20 years. His primary focuses are corporate and M&A, labor and employment, and regulatory compliance. Mr. Jia is fluent in English, Japanese and Chinese.
Equipped with rich international experiences and diversified background, Mr. Jia is particularly valued by clients for leading complex cross boarder M&A transactions. His practical and creative views and approaches provided clients with valued solutions.
In addition to regular labor and employment law practice, Mr. Jia led and handled a big number labor and employment high profile cases, such as massive layoff and redundancy, top management replacement, labor union cases, and employee strikes.
Mr. Jia is also engaged and accredited by a big number of multinational and domestic companies to advise on regulatory compliance matters, including the design and implementation of preemptive, preventative, and protective measures for mitigating compliance related risks. He has also represented clients at multifaceted internal investigations and advised clients before the relevant government authorities. Mr. Jia is recognized by the World Bank Group as one of Compliance Monitors in China.
Prior to joining Qinli Legal, Mr. Jia was a partner of a top tier US based international law firm. He also served as the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for a Shanghai based major PRC state owned enterprise group and the China senior legal counsel and compliance officer for a business line of a top tier corporate group.
- Representing a US listed international travel company to dispose its assets, dissolving VIE, and dismiss of employees in China.
- Representing US based high tech company in forming JV in China with State Owned Enterprise.
- Represented multiple US based aerospace clients on joint venture projects for the C919 aircraft program.
- Representing Europe based food and beverage company group in developing the PRC market by forming, managing, and dissolving multiple JVs.
- Acting as the World Bank approved independent compliance expert to review and assess the effectiveness of compliance programs of multiple PRC state owned enterprises.
- Representing a China listed company in a commercial bribery investigation conducted by the Shanghai local Administration of Market Regulation.
- Representing the top player at Taiwan and China’s semiconductor and electronics distribution market to defend the claims made by the second-largest player on the same market before the PRC anti-trust authority due a public offering of acquisition of shares on Taiwan stock exchange by the client.
Labour and Employment
- Representing a listed Japanese company to terminate 400 employees in China due to the Covid-19 impact.
- Representing a German company to terminate multiple key executives of its PRC subsidiary.