- Personal profile
- work experience
Ms. HAN Zhen has over 15 years of experience in legal professional services in domestic and overseas mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, joint ventures, and regulatory and compliance advisory services, focusing on financial services and financial institutions, technology and natural resources.
Ms. Han has provided services to clients such as central SOEs, local SOEs, private companies, multinational corporations and domestic and offshore private equity firms.
Ms. Han is qualified to practice law in China and is licensed to practice law in the State of New York, the United States of America. Before joining Qin Li, Ms. Han worked with two leading international law firms as a partner and as an associate respectively.
Ms. Han received her Master of Laws degrees from Harvard Law School and Wuhan University School of Law and her Bachelor of Laws degree from Wuhan University School of Law. Ms. Han is fluent in Chinese and English languages.
Financial Services and Institutions
• Assisted a leading global investment bank in restructuring its securities brokerage business in China.
• Assisted a number of State-owned banks in establishing overseas branches and representative offices.
• Advised a number of foreign insurance and re-insurance companies on regulatory and compliance issues in relation to their domestic and cross-border insurance businesses.
• Advised foreign private equity funds on issues in relation to investments from domestic insurance companies.
• Assisted a number of foreign asset management companies with their domestic investments.
• Advised a global leading investment on its investment in an online payment platform.
• Assisted a global leading provider of credit ratings with various legal matters in relation to its rating services.
• Advised a domestic financial leasing company on structuring its offshore financial leasing platform.
• Advised a world’s leading manufacturer of agricultural machinery on structuring its domestic financial leasing and factoring businesses.
• Assisted a domestic company with structuring of its cloud business.
• Assisted a significant number of global leading corporations of computer hardware and software in structuring and restructuring their investments in China
Oil and Gas; Mineral Resources
• Assisted a Hong Kong private company in its acquisition of oil and gas assets in Canada.
• Assisted a company listed in Hong Kong in a number of acquisitions and disposals of onshore and offshore oil and gas assets.
• Assisted a global leading mining company with its copper and gold exploration and mining joint venture project in China.
• Assisted a number of Canadian mining companies with acquisition of gold mining assets in China.
• Assisted a number of leading private equity investment firms that specialize in global energy and resources investments with their mining projects in China.
• Assisted a China-based private equity investment company with its acquisition of coal mines in China.
Mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and joint ventures in other industries
• Assisted a global supply chain management group in its acquisition of a China based international freight forwarding and logistics group.
• Assisted a central SOE with preparation and negotiation of legal documents for an equity joint venture project with a foreign leading biochemical enterprise.
• Assisted an offshore public company in the chemical industry in establishing domestic joint ventures and in disposing of its equity interest in domestic joint ventures.
• Assisted a global leading coffeehouse company in its acquisition of retail stores in China.