- Personal profile
- work experience
Lily has nearly 14 years professional experience in advising domestic and overseas listed companies, private start-ups and growth companies, multinational groups, as well as state owned enterprises on a wide variety of legal matters. Her practice areas include PE and VC, mergers & acquisitions, foreign direct investment, employment law, etc. Clients that Lily has served include listed high-tech companies, leading manufacturers of automobiles, large scaled state owned energy and trading companies, real estate companies, banks insurance companies.
Lily was admitted to the PRC Bar and the New York State Bar. She is also a PRC Certified Tax Agent. Prior to joining Qin Li, Lily worked international law firm, as well as a leading Chinese law firm. She holds an LL.M. from Columbia University, an LL.M. in taxation from the London School of Economics and an LL.B. from Peking University.
• Represent a state-owned enterprise in the port operation industry in their equity acquisition of a Egyptian port operation company;
• Represented a stated-owned enterprise in their investment in Malaysia. The service include: investment environment legal analysis, assistance in the Chinese outbound investment procedures and assistance in the establishment of a factory in Malaysia;
• Represented a listed high-tech company in its acquisition of the Chinese and Malaysian factories of a US listed company;
• Represented a domestic machinery manufacturing enterprise in its acquisition of a US distressed company in the US.
Private Equity Investment
• Represented an equity investment enterprise to conduct legal due diligence on various investment projects;
• Provide legal retainer service for an angel investment fund. The legal service includes review/revise investment legal documents;
• Represented a private equity investment institution in its investment in an education group. The legal service provided includes legal due diligence, drafting of legal documents, negotiation assistance.
Domestic Investment, M&A and Labor Law
• Represented a Chinese car rental company and a US car rental company regarding the setting up of a joint venture in China. The legal service include legal due diligence, drafting of legal documents and negotiation assistance.
• Represented a local cinema chain in an acquisition deal. The legal service include deal structure design, revising legal documents, negotiation assistance;
• Represented a number of enterprises in designing red-chip structure and drafting relevant legal documents;
• Provide legal retainer service for a family service provide. The legal service includes review of legal documents, operation structure design, labor law assistance;
• Provide labor law service for a number of foreign invested enterprises. The legal service includes labor law advisory service, drafting of labor contract and other labor related legal documents, advisory and legal assistance for labor relationship termination;
• Provided legal consulting service with respect to foreign direct investment, including legal advisory service, setting up legal structure, legal entity set up;
• Advised a red-chip Hong Kong listed company regarding the structure and procedures to get back to domestic stock market.
Infrastructure and Government Service
• Assisted various local government in the issuance of local government bonds. The legal service includes providing legal advice, legal due diligence and issuance of legal opinion;
• Provided legal advisory service for infrastructure investment projects, including designing deal structure, drafting of legal documents and negotiation assistance.